Lasik is one of the most reliable and safe processes to attain clear and stable vision without spectacles. People wearing glasses or lenses go through a lot of trouble in their daily lives. So, Lasik is a permanent solution to improve your eyesight without lenses or glasses. There are many highly qualified and experienced doctors you can contact for Lasik surgery in Delhi (visit here). Although Lasik is safe and offers benefits there are several conditions that can disqualify you from taking this laser treatment. It is very important to make sure that you can undergo Lasik treatment to get 20/25 or better vision.
Lasik has a high success rate and you can notice quick recovery within a week. Also, you do not need to worry about expenses because the Lasik surgery cost in India (https://visualaidscentre.com/service/lasik-surgery-cost-india/) is affordable. Make sure that you consult an experienced and highly qualified doctor for the surgery. Saving a few bucks can cost you dearly on your eyesight. Lasik can treat patients suffering from myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. Here are some points you must know that can serve as a reason for not getting Lasik surgery.
- Age: Lasik results are permanent because it changes the shape of the cornea to focus the clear image on the retina. So, it requires that you have a stable shape or cornea and the cornea changes its shape till age 18. For Lasik treatment, your age should be above 18 or most preferable above 20 years.
- Pregnancy: Lasik eye surgery is not recommended for pregnant women. Because at the time of pregnancy the woman undergoes lots of hormonal changes. And it also affects the shape of the cornea because of fluid retention and hormonal imbalance.
- Stable vision: You need to have a stable vision which means constant eye power prescription for more than one year. This ensures that your shape of the cornea is stable and is not changing. If you do not have a stable vision and undergo Lasik then it will result in the incorrect calculation of refractive error. Then, you may need to undergo this laser treatment again. Also, if you wear a contact lens then doctors ask you to discontinue the use of lens months before the Lasik procedure.
- General good health: Every surgery has an impact on the body, so does Lasik. So, you must be in good health for this laser treatment. The person should not be suffering from diabetes, lupus, etc. Because these health problems may prevent healing after the refractive process.
- No severe eye conditions: The person suffering from dry eye syndrome is not an eligible candidate for the Lasik process. Dry eyes can increase the risk of post-surgery discomfort and delay the healing process. It is better to consult the doctor to know the severity of your dry eye condition. Other eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, or eye injuries do not confirm your Lasik surgery.
Your doctor will screen for other factors too like thin cornea, large pupils, and blepharitis. Consult the best eye surgeon to check these conditions prior to surgery.